Tuesday, 30 October 2007


The best ideas come after the fact. One. Word. Titles. I should have insisted on that. At least I forbade oranges.

(Small aside here. There's a prize for explaining the connection between "orange", "Marlon" and "something".)

Brew for me.

That's my dream. And drinking Warwick's Best Mild. Theoretically both are possible. But let's be realistic. Time-travel would be way too expensive.

I have a couple of Whitbread recipes I would love to taste. Do you want to brew them for me? 1,000 litres of each is what I'm after.


The Beer Nut said...

Is it Godfather-related?

I officially admit defeat on last month's quiz, btw. Jerome K. Jerome and whom?

Ron Pattinson said...

No, not godfather-related.

Hunter S. Thompson is the other writer. But without the drugs, guns or Hell's Angels.

Loren said...

Brewed to style or not? And if so...whose?


Ron Pattinson said...

loren, brewed to a recipe.

Stonch said...

Ron, me and the Long Armed Goon will brew it for you. But first you'll need to get Muntons or Brupaks to make the wort, condense it into a can, then send it to us in kit format. Then you'll need to accept it'll taste shit and probably get infected when dangle a brewcam in the fermenter during primary. Oh, and we might well do it in a bin.

Ron Pattinson said...

stonch, that's a very tempting offer. Very tempting. You can manage 2,000 liters?

Stonch said...

yeah, we'll just do about 100 batches. It might take a two years. Is that ok?

The Beer Nut said...

Consarnit. Never read any Hunter S. Thompson but it'd have been worth a guess.

So. Orange as in Tango, perhaps. In Paris?