Sunday 9 December 2007

Milk Stout says it all

Question: It's long, it's brown, it's deeply satisfying. What is it Anona?

Answer: Mm. Sorry. I'll tell you when I've finished my MILK STOUT

And, like love, MILK STOUT can be enjoyed a hundred ways and then some! Try these for a start -

STOUT ON THE ROCKS - with half a brick in it
STOUT SLING - just chuck it away
STOUT SUNRISE - with pepper, corn, prunes and Senapods - gets you going in the morning
STOUT SOUR - leave it standing for 3 weeks

MILK STOUT says it all



Thought I'd share that with you. Stout Sunrise - if that isn't an extreme beer, what is? It's not mine, I hasten to add, the above text. From one of Britain's least appreciated comic ensembles. I'll be genuinely impressed if anyone knows/guesses who wrote it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no idea. Aren't you going to tell us?

Ron Pattinson said...

In a day or two.

The Beer Nut said...

Clue's in the tag innit? So, Ted Kavangh?

Ron Pattinson said...

I'm afraid the tag was a red herring. I wondered if anyone looked at those.

Here's a real clue: late 60's and early 70's.

Zythophile said...

More stout cocktails ...

Long Slow Stout Up Against the Wall - self-explanatory

Stout and It - pour stout into back of computer. Then call the IT people.

Stoutini - very small Italian stout

Stout Manhattan - stand in middle of Times Square. Drink stout.

Follow this with

Long Island Iced Stout - catch cab from Times Square in direction of the Hamptons. Wait until snow falls. Drink stout.

Bloody Stouty - smack pint glass full of stout into innocent bystander's face (a Glasgow/East End of London favourite). This is likely to be followed by:

Stout Punch - a smack in the jaw from someone drenched in stout. This will enable you to end the session with:

Stout Slammer - fall on the floor holding jagged remains of stout glass

Ron Pattinson said...

I recognise some of those. They were served in some London pubs, I recall.