Monday 24 December 2007

Stout, Stout, Stout, Stout

It's nearly christmas and I'm feeling in a generous mood. As a special treat, I've put together tables giving details of more than 150 Stouts.

You'll notice that there's a very wide variation in gravity, strength and degree of attenuation. I hope this finally kills off the theory that 20th century British Stouts were all weak and sweet. Plenty were, don't get me wrong. But a considerable number are similar to "Irish Dry Stout".









All taken from the Whitbread gravity book, as usual.

Given the massive response (two people!) when I asked if anyone was as fascinated with these numbers as me, I'll be continuing in this vein. While the kids are busy with their presents I may even get chance to transcribe a few more pages of the gravity book. I've only another 30 or 40 pages of bottled beers to go. Then I can start on the draught beer entries.

No comments: