Wednesday 2 January 2008

Geography

I've invented a new game to play with my son Andrew. It's called How Would You Get Home?

The concept is simple. "Andrew, if we accidentally left you behind in Graz, how would you get home?" "Get the train to Vienna, change there for Munich and then get a sleeper to Amsterdam." Damn. I should never have bought him an atlas.

Only trains are allowed. Cheap flights take all the fun out of the game.

"From Ljubljana." "Venice, Milan, Marseille, Paris, Amsterdam." (The towns mentioned being where you have to change trains.)

My try was Milan, Munich, Amsterdam.

We were both wrong. You really only need to change in Munich. Good excuse for a few beers. A couple of hours between trains in Munich, I mean.

See. I did get beer in. Theme maintained.

6 comments:

Stonch said...

Maintaining the theme. That's the challenge.

Ron Pattinson said...

I think I've succeeded if I use the word beer once.

Knut Albert said...

I think I would have stopped for a few beers in Milan, too.

Ron Pattinson said...

Ah, but the best route doesn't go via Milan.

Stonch said...

If it doesn't go through Italy, it isn't the best route (I like Italy a lot).

Zythophile said...

"If it doesn't go through Italy, it isn't the best route"

Now, there's a motto a man could be proud to have thought up ...

Italy's OK, but there are too many bleedin' Italians in it ...