Sunday 8 June 2008

Beer Gibbon

Just to announce my new series of posts: Beer Gibbon. This will be beer drinking on the edge. I'll booze with those on the fringes of society and, if I get back, report my experiences. It'll be edgy, seat of the brown trousers stuff. Are you person enough to read it?

Here are just a few "places on the edge" I'll be venturing to:

- Het Probleem (The Problem). The name says it all. I'll be knocking baclk jonge jenever with the hard men of Andrew's chess club.

- Schoolplein: I take my life in my hands to share beers with the boys on incapacity benefit while waiting for Andrew to come out of school.

- Blijburg . As edgy as Amsterdam comes. Literally. It's on an edge they've just finished building. I take on the urban hippies and their dogs. Choice of drink is theirs - Rosé. Who will triumph?

- Borrel next door. Nothing's scarier than neighbours. What chaos will ensue when I bring along a bottle of Pattinson 1914 Porter? I'll be taking my camera to record every blow.

Loads more to follow. Really. Loads more.