Friday 1 August 2008

Today in Berlin

The wonders of delayed posting mean that I can hide by absences. It' s Friday morning. We've just had an al fresco breakfast in the garden of our hostel. And I'm struggling with the German keyboard in the internet cafe.

There should be loads of fun today. Bandenburger Tor, Flakturm (Andrew's choices); Pergamon Museum (Andrew and Alexei); the former Kaufhaus des Ostens (Dolores); Berlin Beer Festival (Dolores. No, just kidding, me).

The hostel we're staying in is just 100 metres from the festival. Well, part of it. The thing is a kilometre or two long. I think we're about in the middle. It kicks off some time today. Should be groovy. Though I couldn't be arsed to prepare properly this year. I always say 'Study the beer list before you go and note where the beers are you want to try. Otherwise you'll just wander around aimlessly and miss the best beers.' It's excellent advice. I wish I'd taken it.

My broken toe is holding up well. The only slight scare was when Lexie tried to stamp on it. I just got it out of the way in time. 'Sorry, dad. I'd forgotten about your toe.' Yeah, sure. I think he just wanted to see me scream.

Maybe you'll get another 'live' post tomorrow. If Lexie hasn't caught me off-guard and I'm having emergency surgery. And I can be arsed.

Here's a good Lexie quote from yesterday: 'Everything tastes better with vodka!' He's wise beyond his tender years.

No comments: