Tuesday 9 September 2008

London trip

Tesco have invited me to judge in their Drinks Awards again this year. They don't seem worried that I don't have a certificate to say I'm a qualified beer judge. But we're talking about Britain. No-one gives a toss about that sort of meaningless qualification.

It's a paid gig. Well, they slip you a few quid for expenses. Not that it covers my costs, but it does help subsidise my stay in London. I'll be in town for 3 days. There'll be plenty of time for the archives. And hopefully a visit to Fuller's (If the nice brewer from Fuller's is reading, would the afternoon of Tuesday 30th September be OK for dropping by?)

Yes, I'll be fitting in a lot. Handily, the judging takes place just around the corner from the White Horse in Parson's Green. (I wonder if they've replenished their stock of Harvey's Russian Stout? Me and my fellow judges polished off all they had last year.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

See ya there, Ron ...

Ron Pattinson said...

I suppose you'll be up for a session in the White Horse later?

Kristen England said...

Lucky bastards...

Anonymous said...

goethean.is.a.twat.org

John Clarke said...

BJCP mead judging?? Ye gods.

Anonymous said...

goethean.drinks.his.own.wee.com

Anonymous said...

Ron

That will be ok. Just ask for Derek Prentice. Unfortunately I will be at the Old Bailey (jury service I hasten to add)

cheers John Keeling

Ron Pattinson said...

John, that's great. A shame you won't be there. Do I need to ring in advance or can I just turn up at the brewery?

Anonymous said...

Ron

Just turn up at the brewery, if you are going for a beer afterwards let Derek know and maybe we could meet up

cheers John

Ron Pattinson said...

John, I would love to have a beer with you. Looking forward very much to going to the brewery.