Wednesday 18 February 2009

St. Bernardus Prior advert

The kids have been learning how to edit video. I'm not complaining. It keeps them occupied for hours.

Mostly they create short dramas. But today Lexie asked "Daaad, can we film a beer advert?" Who am I to argue with such a wise choice of subject. "OK. As long as I can play Beer Man." It's the part I've been waiting all my life for. Finally a role I can put my soul into.

We decided to make an advert for St. Bernardus Prior. For no other reason than I was about to opene a bottle of it. Even though I say so myself, the bottle opening and beer tasting sequences are particularly compelling. Hypnotic, almost. Lexie's performance as Beer Yuck Boy almost matches it for intensity and raw emotion.

The final cut is, at four minutes, a little long for an advert. But there's not a second that could be edited out.

I'm not sure why I'm telling you this. It's not like you'll be able to see the advert. Unable to face the Whitbread Gravity Book this evening. I really should be transcribing from that. But I have to rest sometime, you know.

6 comments:

Barry M said...

No chance of you appearing on YouTube so? :D

Ron Pattinson said...

None whatsoever. Unless Lexie goes behind my back.

Anonymous said...

Lexie! Could you please go behind his back?

Zak Avery said...

I absolutely INSIST that this be made available to everyone in Internet-land and beyond.

Stonch said...

"Sparkling Mild Ale" is a brilliant name for a beer.

Ron Pattinson said...

Jeff, it is, isn't it?

BTW, did you notice the bit about Truman pubs in South Shields?