Thursday 7 May 2009

Brown Beer available for purchase

Volume V in my Mini Book Series is now available for purchase in either printed or pdf form.

I'm very proud of "Brown Beer". It may not be quite the definitive history of Porter that I dream of writing, but it's most of the way there. There are 180 plus pages telling you everything you could possibly need to know about Brown Beer. Or Porter and Stout, as you probably call it.

The history of Porter, the changes in its composition and strength over the decades, you'll find all this and much, much more. Dozens of tables detail grists and OG's. An appendix contains 11 historic Porter and Stout recipes. "Brown Beer" is easily the most detailed and comprehensive book ever written on the subject.

"Brown Beer" is a book no serious lover of beer history can afford to miss. I'd buy a copy myself, if I didn't already have one.

Buy "Brown Beer" now. You won't regret it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!
I'll buy one for sure. Just a question, do the recipes have been translated in a more modern form?

Thanks!

Ron Pattinson said...

What do you mean by a more modern form?

Bill said...

Recipes are scaled for 5 gallon batches. Ron, who's gallon are you using? The Queen's or the colonies gallon? Book looks good.

Zak Avery said...

I wholeheartedly endorse this book, and all of the words inside it. I particularly like the order in which the words have been arranged.

Seriously though, a great piece of research - nice work.

Anonymous said...

I mean like the work that Kristen has done for the recipes of Let's brew Wednesday. Or are they like in the old brewery logs?

Thanks!

Ron Pattinson said...

ealusceop, the recipes aren't as detailed as Kristen's, but are for a five (imperial) gallon batch. The ingredients are given in pounds and ounces and the mashing temperatures in Fahrenheit.

Oblivious said...

Just down loaded my copy, looking forward to reading it

Fascinating stuff about Guinness and roasted barley