Friday 1 May 2009

Mild! - updated and expanded

I never know when to stop. That's one of my many character flaws. The full set would inspire such tedium as to have you reaching for your revolver. I'll save those for another time. My endless need to fiddle with things has prompted a second edition of "Mild!".

How does it differ from the 1st edition? (I hope you don't mind me putting questions into your collective mouth. Not that your opinion would stop me continuing to do it.) There are more articles. The recipes have been improved and new ones added. The articles have been reorganised and grouped by theme.

Not that the old version was crap. Just that the new is even more superistic. And, generous soul that I am, the price remains the same. Despite the addition of 30 more pages. If you don't have it already, buy "Mild!" now.

If anyone who bought the first edition wants the pdf of the second edition, send me an email. You can have the updated version for free. Can't get fairer than that, can you? You can find my email address here:

http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/

When Andrew has time, "Brown Beer" will be available for purchase. That's a real cracker. A teaching fairyland.

10 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

I'm just disgusted at the notion of us having a collective mouth.

Who's been eating garlic?

jeff said...

Ron -

Now I'm glad I waited to buy Mild! (rumors that I may just have been too lazy to order are entirely untrue.)

Does Decoction! have recipes as well, or just Mild!?

How about Brown Beer?

As a homebrewer I must say that if you were to convert all the historical recipes you dig up to something homebrewers could do, you'd probably have the best homebrewing recipe book published in years. Other than the introduction you'd have to skip the commentary so as not to frighten people about style.

Historical Homebrews! You'd sell dozens!

donnellski said...

That would be me, sorry.

Ron Pattinson said...

Jeff, decoction doesn't have any recipes, as such. It has descriptions of various German types of beer. There are some brewing instructions of varying levels of detail. For Berliner Weisse: extremely detailed. There are also descriptions of various methods of dedction.

"Brown Beer" has 11 recipes from a range of dates.

Oblivious said...

Those that bought the original mild, do they get this as an upgrade

Bill said...

I'll wait for you to answer Oblivious's post before I say anything more.

Ron Pattinson said...

Oblivious, no. Is that the way publishing normally works?

Bill said...

I am pissed off. We are talking less than 2 months from the release. You didn't revise it, you finished it.

That is the nicest thing I can say right now.

Ron Pattinson said...

First Stater, my own personal copy and the one in the Institute of Brewing and Distilling's library are both the first edition.

However, if you or anyone else who bought the first edition want the pdf of the second edition, send me an email. Is that fair enough?

You can find my email address here:

http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/

BTW, the original book was compiled in December 2009. So it's actually closer to 6 months between editions.

Oblivious said...

That's is a fair offer Ron