Saturday 16 May 2009

"Numbers!" - the winner

After a massive total of four entries, there's a winner for my "Numbers!" competition.

Andrew Elliott has won the free copy of "Numbers!" with his entry:

". . . . beer gravities and how they shifted over the course of time, including continental beer as well as beer from the Isles . . "

That's close enough. "Numbers!" is my Mega Gravity Table in printed form. Details of more than 7,500 beers from across time and around the globe. It's not the wordiest book I've ever written. In fact, it only contains a handful of complete sentences. As you should have guessed from the title, it's really just a load of numbers.

This is one book that probably won't be for sale. I can't think of more than half a dozen people who could possibly have a use for it. I still haven't quite got the hang of self-promotion, have I? It's a book every serious beer-lover must own. That's better.

If you're clever, you could buy yourself a copy of the limited edition of "Numbers!" today. I'll say no more. But I'll be dead impressed if anyone manages it.

5 comments:

Bill said...

Took one mouse click, fill a search field and another click to get to the buy link. I don't consider myself particularly clever.


Numbers! by Ronald Pattinson

Numbers, numbers, numbers. The vital statistics of 7,500 beers covering more than 150 years and several continents. Can't remember how many exactly. You'll need to buy the book to find out.
(284 pages)
Paperback book : $44.03
Download : $39.31

Anonymous said...

Here it is! I don't have the money for it, but, I found it. :) Easy little puzzle. Nice cover by the way.


http://www.lulu.com/content/livre-%C3%A0-couverture-souple/numbers/7157874

Ron Pattinson said...

OK, so it wasn't that difficult. There's a reason for the price . . .

Andrew Elliott said...

Wow! Something truly worthy of bedside reading when I'm trying to recover from jetlag. In Japan now, I'll touch base with you when I return! oh yeah... so when is Trips! coming out?

Ron Pattinson said...

"Trips!" will be out in June. All 11 titles in the Mini Book Series are complete, with the exception of "War!". I'm just spacing their release out a bit.