Thursday 14 May 2009

War! 1.2

Been getting on well with my current project. "War!" Or "War! 1.2".

I've a book called "War!" already done. Produced during my unexpected (and unpaid) week off work before christmas. A compilation of my writings on WW I, WW II and other wars.

What I'll call "War! 1.2" is the 1914-1920 chapter of The Book. Mess underestimates its disorder. And I noticed a few holes. More detail. You can't have too much detail. It's supposed to volume VI of my Mini Book Series. Aaah! There are another 11 chapters.

The text of "War! 1.2" is getting there. But I still doubt I'll have it ready for a May release. Details of Barclay Perkins and Courage beers have to be added. Kristen has to get the recipes finished.

That's why I've put together volume VII of my Mini Book Series. "Numbers!". I've just finished the front and back covers. It'll be printed next week.

In keeping with tradition, time for a competition. First to guess the theme of "Numbers!" wins one of the ten signed and numbered copies.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Two guesses on the theme of Numbers!:

1) A mostly or all brewers log-derived set of tables comparing strengths, grain bills, and hops amongst various beers through some time frame, most likely brewed by British breweries.

2) A painstakingly researched comparison of OGs and grain bills amongst the recipes one can find in the book of Numbers, which until now I hadn't even realized included beer, and which may cause me to rethink my religious leanings.

Bill said...

Numbers- the decline in gravities of British ales over the years.

Ron Pattinson said...

Todd and First Stater, good tries but neither is correct.