Wednesday 3 June 2009

How many books?

I've tried getting the kids catalogue my books. Lexie did a couple of shelves. The ones with rows of bound copies of trade magazines. He's no fool. Those are a piece of piss. He lost interest when he got to the Swedish brewery histories. I can't say I blame him.

No definitive list, then. But I am intrigued as to how many books I have. I'm a bit obsessive about counting things. I'm probably totally nuts. So I just counted them. It's not a 100% accurate count. I might have missed the odd one. And Mike has borrowed a couple.

470.

That's in the football field of what I imagined. I'd sort of hoped it was 500. Not to worry. Promise not to tell Dolores this. More are on their way. "You can never have too many books." I say. "Yes you can, Ronald." Dolores disagrees.

Hang on. I didn't include digital books. Wonder how many of them I have?

No comments: