Tuesday 1 December 2009

Busy week

This will be a busy week. Not because I'm preparing for christmas of any crap like that. I'll be in London for four days.

Four days in London. I can't believe my luck. Two days at the London Metropolitan Archives, one at the Westminster City Archives, one in a private archive. I hope I'll have a little time to drink beer.

The main reason for the trip is the British Guild of Beer Writers annual dinner. A posh name for a gathering of seasoned pissheads. Hopefully I'll be sat close to Podge again. And Siobhan. Stimulating conversation and a drinking partner. What more could you ask for?

All that time I lived in London. All that time and never visited an archive. Those Saturdays when I couldn't think of anything to do and rode around the Circle Line reading. I was such a twat.

Making up for it now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, very sorry I can't be there this year, do tell us all about it (as if you wouldn't).

My bet is on Pete Brown for BWOTY, by the way …

Anonymous said...

... and if it isn't you for the electronic media section, you've been robbed.

Ron Pattinson said...

Zythophile, it's a shame you can't be at the dinner. I was hoping we'd get a chance to chat.

Yeah, Pete Brown is a shoe in. I'd be amazed if he didn't win. And who said I'd entered anything?

Anonymous said...

I hope thats great -

Mike said...

I know what you mean Ron about lost opportunities. I lived in Manchester for a huge chunk of my life and never went to look at any of the historic stuff unless I was showing a visiting relative. Same goes for checking the historic information about brewing; that said, at the time I was more interested in drinking beer and watching football and horse racing on Saturday afternoons. Now I can only wish. Have a great time in London.