Sunday 20 December 2009

Goals achieved

It's been close, but I've managed to hit my targets for the year. OK, they're just my own personal goals, but it's still nice to slot the ball into the corner. Even when there is no keeper.

It was about this time last year, during an enforced holiday, that the Mini Book Series concept took shape. Eleven books to be published in 2009. Ambitious, even for me. Crazy, perhaps. I've scraped home with less than a fortnight to spare. The eleventh volume was completed yesterday.

True to the anarchic initial concept, I only decided on the subject of volume XI last week. In case you're in any doubt, it's a compilation of my writing about London, its breweries and their beer. The plan was include everything. Until I realised I had way too much material. Even being selective, it clocks in at 277 pages.

My other goal for the year was more modest: 500 blog posts. That, too, has been achieved with more than a week to spare.

When I've finished patting myself on the back, I'll bang out posts for the remaining few days of the year.

7 comments:

rod said...

Well done! Stout fellow! (pun intended)

Arctic Alchemy said...

Nice work Ron !
London looks like a great book, and I will make sure to pick that one up too , creat cover BTW.

Unknown said...

BTW - why are these tomes called Mini Books, when they're fuckin huge?

Gary Gillman said...

Keep it coming Ron, and I hope your plans include some forays into the 1700's, whence some answers may emerge to illuminate or put into context your findings from the 1800's and later.

Gary

Anonymous said...

When will the London volume be available? Looking forward to it.

Ron Pattinson said...

Rod, ah, you should see the Mega Books. That's the next series.

Ron Pattinson said...

Impymalting, London! should be available some time next month.