Thursday 16 September 2010

Style one of four

Hey. You might have missed my announcement of my first Mega Book, "Porter!". Don't worry. I'm going to keep reminding you.

It's a 620-page, detailed examination of Porter and Stout, with lots of tables and numbers. Quite a few words. And the odd crap joke.

If you're a homebrewer with an interest in brewing historic beers, this is the book for you. (As long as you like Porter and Stout. If you hate the stuff, I wouldn't bother.)

Buy "Porter!" now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done. Hope to get it real soon! :)

I was convinced with the shoutings.

Captain Pedantic said...

Deuchars isn't a kind of Porter!

StuartP said...

It's a bit pricey.
Is it any better than 'Brown Beer'?

Ron Pattinson said...

StuartP, "Porter!" has three times as many pages as "Brown Beer". It has lots more material. In particular, I've vastly expanded the recipes and tables.

Thomas Barnes said...

Whoo hoo! I'm looking forward to it. Even if I can't understand the recipes, the paper version might make a nifty doorstop.

Craig said...

It's on my Christmas list!