Thursday 10 March 2011

Extreme

It's been a quiet few days here at SUABP. Few of you share my enthusiasm for war. Based on your comments. Or notable lack of them.

Extreme. Being it is good for pulling in the punters. Rile up and the comments flying in like homing pigeons on crack. (Or should that be acid? Speed maybe.) Like homing pigeons on valium. (Yes, perfect.)

I've been a loud-mouthed smartarse often enough on the web. Was my trademark. Then my attention-deficit problem kicked in. Easily bored. Arguing about the difference between Porter and Stout is fun the first forty or fifty times. Weak IPA? That wore thin after a couple of dozen goes.

Deliberately inflammatory posts. There may have been a couple. What did I harvest? Heartburn and headaches.

1.06903  seconds. That's how long I considered extreme as an option.

I'm giving up anger for Lent.

7 comments:

Craig said...

In fact, your recent post have inspired my war series, half-batches. Once I get through WWII, I'll do WWI back to WW1.

Rest assured Ron, you're getting through. At least to me.

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, I was going to comment on your War blog and mention that I already have the book. I contemplated selling it on EBay for the same price I bought it for, buying the discounted version, then pocketing the difference. That is until I realised I now live in New Zealand, we don't have Ebay here and the cost of sending it over here would decimate the small profit I would have made.

Cunning? I think not.

That and it is a lot easier just to kick back and read the book :)


Kelly

Kristen England said...

I'd wish you'd give up fatty foods...

mrbowenz said...

I see you more like this guy !

Perhaps a bottle of Courage ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrRKm_V0lZU

Korev said...

WIMP

Graham Wheeler said...

Wow - that is extreme self doubt.

Be mindful that everybody that reads your blog takes away a little bit more knowledge than they began with, even though they may not realise it themselves.

I must agree, or confess, that controversy puts bums on seats. It can cause unexpected problems, because idiots take sides in such things and it gets out of control with partisan arguments rather than rational discussion.

Have you ever thought about lowering your goals a bit. I am sure that two-hundred posts a year would be far more than adequate, and will halve your stress.

Thomas Barnes said...

So, for Lent you're becoming a Zen Buddhist?