Friday 7 September 2012

How Lager Conquered Britain

That 's the title of the talk I'll be giving on Monday night as part of Glasgow Beer Week. It's about the history of Lager in Britain which, if you've been paying any attention at all the last two weeks, you'll have noticed I've been researching.

Being a worrier, I'm fretting that no-one will turn up. Hence this reminder. If you're in the glasgow area on Monday, please drop by WEST.

It's billed as a short talk. That was certainly the idea in the beginning, a quick 20-minute chat about Lager. But, like many of my projects, it quickly started getting out of hand. After some vicious trimming, I think I've got it down to 35 to 40 minutes. Depending on how quickly I speak. The full version I'll most likely publish as a novel.

These are the details:

WEST Bar, Brewery & Restaurant
Templeton Building,
Glasgow Green,
Glasgow.

19:00 to 21:30

2 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

All aboard the good ship Y-Front! Brimming with old salts and able seamen.

Good luck with the talk; wish I could be there.

Atis said...

It would be great if the audio or video recording of your talk in this event would be available. But I guess I will have to wait till novel then.